Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vegan MoFo: Welcome to my Kitchen

Inspired by, Kittee's kitchen tour post from a few days ago, I decided to snap a few shots of my work-in-progress kitchen.

So, come on in!

The natural light coming in from the windows makes all the difference throughout the year.  I stand at my sink and overlook the back garden, which is a real treat!   The electric range, which is caving in in the middle and has a broken drawer and only two working burners, will be on its way out soon.  We plan to replace it with a white double-oven gas (or dual fuel) range.

Botanical artwork by moi.

This is the breakfast nook-turned extra kitchen prep area.  My friend, Joel, and I built this piece from reclaimed wood, although it's not quite finished.  Below, we store things like the VitaClay rice cooker, and various food stuff like oils and vinegars.

See that cute crocheted cupcake on the top shelf?  That was a gift from a U.K. swap buddy.

The shelves, also reclaimed wood, hold jars of grains, pasta, beans, and other items we use frequently, as well as our vegan cookbook collection!  Non-vegan cookbooks reside in the dining room.

The books on the end are library rentals!

The drawers contain some of our spices and teas.

Juicer, popcorn can-turned kibble container, and other items live on the other side of the nook.

The bee curtains were actually hand towels I purchased on Etsy.  We love bees (if you couldn't tell from the other photos!)  You can also see the adorable soap bottle apron my grandma made.

I spy Matt's favorite kitchen gadget in the bottom right corner.


I turned the broom closet off of the kitchen into a pantry.  After a lot of searching, I found a shelving unit that fits almost perfectly inside.

Andy peers at the somewhat usual pantry contents.

I am in love with the color I painted the kitchen.  I got the paint mixed at Miller, but the color is Farrow&Ball's Chappell Green.

My beloved measuring cups, magnetic knife strip, and slow-cooker.

And, while I like my thrifted dishes and glasses, I decided not to bore you with glimpses into all of my cabinets.  I'll leave you with this colorful photo of some of my bakeware.

Le Creuset, I love you.

This concludes the tour of my kitchen.  I looooove peaking into other peoples' homes, so if you have a link to your very own kitchen tour, please do share it below!

25 comments:

  1. I've been loving all of these kitchen tours as well, and decided to do one today myself! Your kitchen is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! I'm looking forward to taking a peek!

      Delete
    2. Also, do you recognize a certain moose cookie cutter? I love that thing!

      Delete
  2. What a great kitchen tour.I love that last picture of your bakeware and your little breakfast nook turned prep area is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I especially love the cookie cutters on the wall. I'm going to get a kitchen tour post up sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jojo! I'll be on the lookout for your tour too!

      Delete
  3. The colors of your kitchen are just lovely. It looks like a kitchen that would be featured in a magazine photo shoot - seriously! It's nice to see that we share a love for mason jars and utilizing space wisely. The soap bottle apron is adorable and I am jealous of your closet-turned-pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my goodness. Thank you, Amy! Yes, mason jars are the best. Have you heard of the crazy jar guy? Kittee and I took a trip to see him a while ago. You couldn't believe the amount of jars he has stashed in his garage.

      I have to say, my pantry was a stroke of genius, but it can be a little hazardous since it's in the middle of the stairs!

      I'm very jealous of your organizational skills!

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is incredibly gorgeous! Love all the natural light. I would like to swap kitchens with you. What I am learning as I read about folks' spaces is that the appliances don't really matter - it's the sweet details that count. I moved into a place with probably six thousand dollars worth of brand new appliances (it's a rental that was on TV) and it doesn't have half the love that your space does. Thanks for sharing about it!

    adrienne at http://cracktheplates.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kitchen, Amanda! Your artwork is fantastic and I love Le Creuset, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's up everyone, it's my fігst pаy
    a viѕit at this web page, and poѕt is genuinely fruitful for me, keep uρ pοstіng suсh content.
    Feel free to visit my web-site :: loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  7. so nice collection never seen before such rare things kitchen linens. thanks for sharing this information.clean pool filter with vinegar

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.clean pool filter with vinegar

    ReplyDelete