Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vegan MoFo: Hot Cocoa



I got an email from my favorite candle company, Soy Candles by Phebes (vegan owned and run!), and as I was perusing their various offerings, I found the Hot Cocoa candle.   Then, of course, I decided I wanted to treat myself to some hot cocoa.

Now, as I sit here and write this post, I am sipping on a creamy, steamy mug of hot cocoa with Dandies marshmallows.  I thought I'd give you my easy-peasy no fuss "recipe" for hot chocolate that comes out perfectly every time.

What you'll need:
a handful of your favorite chocolate chips* (or chocolate bar, chopped)
equal parts rice milk and soy/almond milk
a sprinkle of cinnamon or cayenne or both, optional
a few Dandies, optional


What you'll do:
1. Throw the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat.  Stir until melted.
2. Raise the heat to medium, stream in the milks, and stir until no clumps of chocolate remain.  Pour into mugs.
3. Top with optional toppings.



Told you it was easy!

*It's Fair Trade Month.  If you're not already purchasing strictly fairly-traded (certified or not) chocolate, I hope you'll take this opportunity to do some research.

1 comment:

  1. I love when the seasons change and it's hot chocolate time again. We usually go with the coco camino drinking chocolate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete