Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Vegan MoFo: Kale Chips

Kale gets consumed pret-ty quickly in this house, so it's not often that it makes it into chip form.  However, when I have a hankering for kale chips (and a little time to babysit chips in the oven), I make The Tastiest of Kale Chips.

Damn you, early-setting sun!  Craptastic nighttime photo.

This time I used a gigantoid carrot from our garden, along with kale from our garden and the garden of a friend's.



I doubled the recipe and spread it out on two baking sheets.  Then I baked the chips at 275* F, flipping them every 20 minutes until they were crisp.  Next time I will decrease the amount of liquid in the recipe to speed up this process.

7 comments:

  1. I've only made kale chips once and I didn't like them but then again, I didn't try this recipe and yours looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? Kittee's a genius.

      Delete
    2. can you call my mom and tell her?

      Delete
  2. Your kale chips look fantastic! I need to make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Veganism Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Vegans, Veganism Experts, Vegan Lifestyle Advocates, Vegan Cooking, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often as you like.
    The Veganism Community: http://www.vorts.com/veganism/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that recipe! Kittee knows her way around a head of kale. :)

    ReplyDelete