Monday, May 27, 2013

Strawberry Cashew Shake- So yum!

Judging by past photos of our garden, spring was indeed early this year in the Pacific Northwest.  This is both a good and a bad thing, in my opinion.  Good because spring is fun and I love watching things bloom and grow and burst into life.  Bad because weeds are also doing this.

I spent a couple hours weeding in the strawberry patch and "orchard" today, in between rain showers.  While I was out there, I collected our first good strawberry harvest of the year.  I'm glad we decided on getting varieties that fruit at different times, so we can have a prolonged strawberry season!

I thought I would share a really simple recipe for a drink I've been having a lot lately, usually with frozen strawberries.  Tonight's strawberry shake was a treat because I made it with fresh-from-the-garden strawberries.  The cashews have a substantial presence, without making the shake too rich.  Yum yum yum.

You should really try this and get your yum on.


Strawberry Cashew Shake

This will make one large shake or two medium-sized shakes.

Ingredients:

4 good-sized strawberries*
1/4 cup raw cashew pieces
2 cups non-dairy milk of your choosing (I usually use rice)
3 dates, pitted
Agave, optional (if you want added sweetness)

Method:

Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth!

*If you use frozen strawberries, as I usually do, the shake will be a little thicker.

6 comments: