Our first flowers of spring have appeared. Everyday I like walking through the garden, taking a look at the progress made by our plants. I snapped these photos yesterday.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Chocolate rhododendron: This is perhaps the only rhodie flower/foliage combination I like. Matt and I picked this up from a neighbor who was having a plant sale. Matt loves rhododendrons. I prefer them without flowers. I know, I'm strange. (Update: It's possible this is not a chocolate rhododendron. We got two rhodies from our neighbor, but I don't know which is which!)
2. Oregon grape: A native. I know this is not a picture of the flower, but look at that color!
3. One of our plum trees: I'm hoping the other two are going to bloom soon. Otherwise, no plums.
4. Red Flowering Currant: Another lovely native. I can't wait until our red flowering currants are mature. I've spotted a few around town and they're spectacular this time of year.
5. Our neighbors' evergreen clematis
What do you have blooming in your garden now?